Besides knowledge, physical elements and life skills are essential factors for the comprehensive development of children. Therefore, extracurriculum activities are put on high priority at many international preschools and primary schools. For more information about interesting and useful after school activities (ASA) for students at International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP), one of credible international schools in Ho Chi Minh City, please read the following article.
Visit International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP), one of high quality international schools in Ho Chi Minh City, to experience the after school activities for primary school and preschool students
Benefits of after school activities for preschool and primary school students
After school activities will bring preschool and primary school students at international school in Ho Chi Minh City the following outstanding benefits:
- To help students relax after school: Participating in extracurriculum activities will help students relax, relieve stress after school hours and increase their ability to absorb knowledge in the next classes.
- To help students practice health and fitness: Mixed sports such as football, basketball, swimming, etc. will help students practice endurance and physical strength, increase resistance, develop musculoskeletal muscles and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and obesity.
- To help students practice life skills and discover talents: After school activities include many different activities such as physical activities, intellectual activities, interactive activities, language communicating activities, etc. Therefore, participating in these activities will help students increase their creativity, observation and critical thinking. At the same time, students will also have the opportunity to experience many different fields and discover their outstanding talents.
After school activities for preschool and primary school students at International School Saigon Pearl
International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP) is one of world-class and prestigious international schools in Ho Chi Minh City for students from 18 months to 11 years old. ISSP is not only a member of Cognita – the international education group in the UK, but also the only international preschool and primary school in Ho Chi Minh City that receives full accreditation by two prestigious international organizations – the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Universities (NEASC). In 2021, ISSP International School became a candidate school teaching IB PYP – International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme.
With the goal to help children to develop comprehensively in all aspects, International School Saigon Pearl built 4 groups of after school activities with more than 66 interesting and useful activities for students from Monday to Friday. Depending on different ages, students will be able to participate in activities suitable for them. Below is information about after school activities at ISSP for preschool students above 3 years old and primary school students.
Sports activities at ISSP are clearly structured and designed to reinforce the development of all-round motor skills for students. The main activities of this category include the following.
- Multi Sport: This after school activity has a combination of fun games to promote cooperation as well as develop social skills for children. Mixed sports activities also help students reduce the risk of burnout and increase the level of flexibility for their movements.
- Swimming (Swimland or Learn to Swim): The beneficial swimming activities at ISSP focus on the 2 skills of breaststroke and crawl. From there, students can protect themselves when falling into the water which limits drowning. At the same time, this activity helps children increase their height naturally and increase their endurance.
- Smart Steps: Smart Steps is one of the outstanding extracurriculum activities at ISSP. This club offers sequenced activities that help children connect thoughts and actions in a more rhythmic way which builds a foundation for their physical, cognitive, social and emotional development.
- In addition, at ISSP, there are many other various and useful after school activities for preschool and primary school students such as basketball, football, tennis, martial arts, dance, yoga, etc.
The Art activities provide an opportunity for preschool and primary school students to express their artistic abilities, creativity and imagination with fun activities such as:
- Water Coloring: Children will be very interested in learning how to draw watercolors on paper. After being guided by the teacher in different techniques of painting and mixing watercolors, students can unleash their creativity with their own works.
- Clay Arts: The main goal of this activity is to develop children’s creativity and ingenious shaping skills step by step. Students can create their own beautiful little things to make toys, key chains or decorations for their room.
- Ballet: This is a suitable activity for students who love music and dance. It will help children control their body, flexibility, suppleness, adjust posture and become more confident.
- Moreover, students can also participate in many other art activities such as Guitar class, Piano class, cooking class, magic class, 3D model building class, gardening activities, musical and dramatic activities, etc. at ISSP, one of prestigious international schools in Ho Chi Minh City.
STEM (Science – Technology – Engineering – Math) activities
These are after school activities to help develop knowledge and skills for preschool and primary school students in the 4 areas of science, technology, engineering and math with main activities such as:
- Lego: Through activities to explore and build models with lego blocks, children can practice critical thinking, creativity and teamwork skills.
- Early Explorers: Children will be transformed into explorers participating in exciting adventures and challenges outdoors. This activity not only helps students enjoy the outside environment but also allows them to freely explore nature and what is happening around.
- Clips – Video Making Club: At the video making club, students will be guided and practiced in groups or individually, using the Clips application to create, edit and produce videos about different topics. At the same time, they will learn how to use different video effects, add music and photos to videos, write scripts for videos, etc. Once these videos are done, students can introduce themselves to the class and share with family and relatives about their videos.
- 3D Explorer: Children will be guided to design 3D models with TinkerCAD software, then create 3D objects of these models in 3D printers and virtual reality technology (VR).
- In addition, in the STEM club at ISSP, there are many other interesting activities revolving around 4 fields of science, technology, engineering and math such as simple game programming (Game Coder), activities to supplement basic knowledge and practice such as Engineer Thinker, Sequential Thinker, Code Studio, Little Thinkers, etc.
Recognizing the importance of literacy skills for student’s thinking and language development, International School Saigon Pearl adds useful literacy activities to after school activities, including:
- Alphabet Art: Kindergarten and preschool students will learn about the alphabet through many different activities such as sketching their chosen letter with a pencil and 3D color. This activity helps children memorize letters more easily and increase their creativity with the letters they have learned.
- Rockin Literacy: This activity helps children explore many aspects of literacy skills such as learning about phonetics, pronunciation, phonology, etc. thereby improving their ability to read and write the description of something and expressive reading. This is also a great opportunity for students to gain confidence and improve their English-related skills.
For more information about after school activities at ISSP, parents can book a school tour to visit ISSP by contacting the ISSP Admissions Office via:
With a variety of after school activities, International School Saigon Pearl, one of popular international schools in Ho Chi Minh City, always strives to help preschool, kindergarten, and primary school students develop comprehensively in knowledge, personality, intelligence and skills to become global citizens with social responsibility.