After the Covid-19 epidemic was controlled, international schools in Ho Chi Minh City are carefully preparing for students returning to school. International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP) also has a specific plan for students to return to campus with maximum safety ensuring. The following article will share with parents about the scheduled activities of ISSP when students return to school.
Visit International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP) to experience the international curriculum and facilities
Introduction to International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP)
International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP) is one of the prestigious and high-quality international schools for students from 18 months to 11 years old in Vietnam. ISSP is proud to be the only international preschool and primary school in Ho Chi Minh City that is fully accredited by two renowned international education accreditation organizations namely the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). ISSP is also a candidate school to teach IB PYP (International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme) which is recognized internationally.
Read more: TOP 5 best IB schools in Vietnam
The schedule activity of ISSP when preschool and primary school students return to campus after Covid-19
To ensure the safety of all school members and comply with the Covid-19 epidemic prevention rules of Government, International School Saigon Pearl has set out the specific scheduled activities when students return to school as follows:
Morning drop off
For Early Years (EY) – Kindergarten (KG) students: Only one parent or guardian enters the school and drops a student off at the classroom door, from 7:45 to 8:00 am.
For Elementary Students Grade 1 – Grade 5 (G1 – G5): Parents or guardians drop students off at the school gate and are not allowed to enter the school, from 7:45 to 8:00 am.
Learning program of preschool and primary school students at ISSP after Covid-19
Learning program for Early Years (EY) to Kindergarten (KG) students
- Day 1: Teachers get acquainted with students and guide them on how to keep personal hygiene (including washing hands, wearing masks, disinfecting properly), use personal eating utensils, sanitize and use restroom.
- Day 2: Teachers give instructions to students on recognizing symptoms of illness including fever, cough, fatigue, etc. and how to take care of themselves. Then, teachers let children participate in games with small groups to enhance movement and connect with other friends in class.
- Day 3: Students continue to be guided to implement the 5K to ensure safety in epidemic prevention and control, ensure personal hygiene habits and participate in small group activities and games to help them consolidate knowledge and skills.
- Day 4: Teachers focus on teaching and learning activities to help students improve their physical fitness, self-service skills and how to keep the environment safe and clean.
- Day 5: Teachers teach students to recognize necessary nutritious foods, soft skills to adapt to the epidemic season, and organize core activities to help students prepare well to enter Grade 1 next year.
Learning program for Elementary students from Grade 1 – Grade 5 (G1 – G5)
- Week 1: Teachers guide students on prevention habits in epidemic, review and consolidate learned knowledge and build routines.
- Week 2: According to the learning program and activity schedule, ISSP implements teaching and learning activities while consolidating online learned knowledge (ISSP Assessments).
- Week 3: ISSP organizes a periodic inspection (MOET).
After School Activities (ASAs)
Students will participate in after school activities with the guidance and supervision of form and subject teachers.
Recess and play time
Each class will have a different recess and play time and area.
Students of each grade are separated and do not play together or participate in the same activities.
Lunch and snack
Students will eat lunch and snack in the classroom to avoid mass gathering in the same place.
Parents can prepare a snack or lunch at home and let students bring them to school or order them in advance with Global Cafe or at the security counter in front of the school gate. Then, the snack or lunch will be delivered to a student’s class.
In school transition
Students will use different stairs to move around the school to prevent cross-contamination.
Between classroom transition
Between classroom transition, students and teachers do not move across the learning space of another class.
Students pick up procedure
- Early Years (EY) – Kindergarten (KG) students: One parent or guardian can enter the school through the main gate and stairwell A to pick up students from the classroom.
- Elementary students Grade 1 – Grade 5 (G1 – G5): Parents or guardians notify the staff at school gate of the student’s name and grade. After that, the homeroom teachers will let the students out of the classroom and walk to the school gate.
The ISSP’s bus transportation service normally works and strictly follows health and safety regulations including washing hands, wearing masks, disinfecting a bus after each trip operation, checking temperature regularly, etc.
The handbook of guidelines for prevention and control of Covid-19 at ISSP
In order to ensure maximum safety for students, International School Saigon Pearl has been applying the handbook of guidelines for prevention and control of Covid-19 with safety rules for parents, students, school members, etc. and how to detect and handle suspected Covid-19 cases developed by HCDC.
The above article provided information about the scheduled activity when students return to school at International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP). If parents have any questions, please contact ISSP via the phone number or email below:
- Phone number: +84 (028) 2222 7788.
- Email: email@example.com.
ISSP always focuses on ensuring safety at school and effective learning progress for students with a clear and detailed schedule activity. Parents should regularly read the information on the website and email from ISSP to update the latest announcements and be more proactive in ensuring the safety and supporting the learning process of their children.
Read more: What is IB program? IB learner profile and benefits of IB program for students