International Preschool Saigon Pearl (ISSP) always puts a lot of effort into creating a safe educational environment for all early years students. At ISSP, students can feel secure in learning and developing and every staff member of the school can work with peace of mind. This article will introduce to parents solutions to ensure school safety at ISSP – the high quality international school in Ho Chi Minh City.
Visit International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP) in Ho Chi Minh City to experience safeguarding and child protection policy at ISSP
What is school safety?
School safety can be defined as an educational environment where students are physically and mentally safe. Factors that can affect the health, life, spirit, etc. of students are actively prevented and minimized or eliminated to ensure the full development of students in all aspects.
Currently, many educational institutions, public schools and international schools in Vietnam all have their own policies to ensure school safety for students and help them to study and develop with peace of mind.
Readmore: School health service at international schools in Ho Chi Minh City
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy at International Preschool Saigon Pearl
Belonging to the UK educational group Cognita with more than 85 member schools worldwide, International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP) is an international school in Ho Chi Minh CIty for students from 18 months to 11 years old with a campus located in Binh Thanh District. ISSP is the only international preschool and primary school in HCMC that is fully accredited by both CIS (Council of International Schools) and NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges). Currently, ISSP has become a candidate school to teach the IB PYP (International Baccalaureate Primary School Programme) which is recognized worldwide.
The curriculum of ISSP is an integrated international curriculum built on the IB PYP framework, the American standards and the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training standards. In addition to applying the Reggio Emilia, a child-centered philosophy to the preschool curriculum, ISSP has modern facilities to support teaching and learning of all students. The Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is also established for preschoolers and primary students so that they can study and develop with peace of mind at ISSP.
Child Safety and Protection Policy at ISSP
International Preschool and Primary School Saigon Pearl (ISSP) builds its own school safety solution for students, teachers and working staffs. In particular, the ISSP Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy are rigorously and comprehensively established to ensure maximum safety for all students.
- ISSP builds a safe educational environment to protect students against acts of mistreatment, mental and physical abuse; prevent deterioration in health, physical and mental factors; and provide safe and effective care service, etc. These elements will help all preschool and primary students study and develop safely.
- ISSP ensures the safety of all students by building strong relationships with their families and professionals and other agencies to provide prompt and quickly appropriate interventions and supports for them.
- International School Saigon Pearl also has a commitment to the safety of visitors with a state-of-the-art security camera system recording 24 hours per day. Working staffs and teachers at ISSP are also well trained in child protection policies, procedures of basic first aid and in case of emergency. In addition, in the recruitment process, all candidates are rigorously checked for the global background and interviewed to assess their professional qualifications, communication and behavior with children as well as how they handle situations commonly encountered with children thoroughly.
- ISSP also has a whistleblowing policy for behaviors that affect student safety. If there are any concerns regarding the protection of students at school, any staffs/parents/students can report them to Ms. Kristin Wegner – The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), Mr. Lester Stephens – The ISSP Principal and Ms. Fiona Dixon – The Area Protection Manager.
Rehearsal activities at ISSP to teach students how to respond to fire situations, prevent physical abuse and avoid being kidnapped
In addition to teaching knowledge about self-protection in class, International Preschool Saigon Pearl regularly organizes drills and simulated situations on how to respond to fire situations, prevent physical abuse and avoid being kidnapped. For each specific situation, preschool students are given detailed instructions on handling solutions, skills that need to be equipped and practiced until they are mature. These extracurricular programs are designed for each child’s age with appropriate activities for children to absorb lessons and practice related skills easily and quickly.
In addition, ISSP also works closely with parents to protect children through phone conversations or face-to-face meetings; send documents related to child safety protection to parents; organize activities and seminars to share with parents on how to keep children safe at home, on the Internet and in daily activities, etc.
To better understand the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy of ISSP, one of high quality and credible international schools in Ho Chi Minh City, parents can book a school tour or contact the ISSP Admissions Office for more information via:
- Phone: +84 (028) 2222 7788.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
School safety is an important factor in the educational environment. International School Saigon Pearl (ISSP), the reliable international school in Ho Chi Minh City, always prioritizes safety and protection policies at school to help students learn, practice skills and develop comprehensively on the way to becoming elite global citizens. Therefore, parents can confidently choose ISSP as an ideal international school for children to attend.